SCOPE Summer 2023 General Meeting
Click here for experimental zoom of our meeting: https://zoom.us/j/97377072959?pwd=WllmVVNMdTA0SFhBRVV2TmNVYlRHdz09
We’re in the park, so fingers crossed everything works!
Grab a camp chair or blanket and meet us in Pico Cyn under the “Old Glory” Oak , Pico Canyon Park
25600 Pico Canyon Rd, Stevenson Ranch 91381
Saturday Aug. 5th, 9:00AM
Breakfast refreshments will be provided
- Introductions, reports
- Update on SCOPE Activities and local issues including Pico Oak Landmark status, local development projects and wildlife corridor, SCOPE Radio and more.
- Upcoming Events
- Board elections—4 seats
- Discussion of a potential bylaw change to add additional board members
- Suggestions and ideas from the Membership
- Meet other SCOPE members and find out how you can get involved to protect our local environment.
- Think globally—act locally
Thank you everyone! You made our 35th Anniversary Fundraiser Celebration a success!
The SCOPE Board received acknowledgements for our work from Senator Scott Wilk, Assemblywoman Pilar Schiavo, Supervisor Barger and the City of Santa Clarita. To see more pictures of this event, go to our face book page by clicking the icon above.
Sign our petition to name our magnificent Old Glory Oak as a State Landmark
We are kicking off a drive to have the famous Old Glory oak named as a State Landmark. If you want to help with this campaign, just download the petition by clicking here and help us collect signatures.
Make the month of July “Plastic Free”
Join us for a Plastic Free July! you can get tips on how to avoid plastic and find out more about what plastic is doing to our oceans by going to the Plastic Free July website here.
Here are SCOPE’s Goals for this year:
SCOPE Goals for 2023 with action items
- CEQA Works Coalition – workshop about CEQA and environmental laws
- Water Advocacy
- Wildlife Corridors
- Newhall Pass
- Castaic Area
- Mountain Lions
- Plastics and Recycling
- Plastic Bag/Film Collection at Grocery Stores?
- Work with grocery stores
- PSA posters
- Proper Recycling Education
- Work with County Recycling program in schools events
- Monitor Chiquita Air Quality reports
- Continue work to protect the Santa Clara River
If you are interested in getting involved in any of these issues, please contact SCOPE at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for the SCOPE e-newsletter!
Sign up for our e-newsletter to stay up-to-date. Receive the latest on conservation issues involving the Santa Clara River, local public planning meetings, notification of our meetings and other events of interest to you and your family.
It's easy. Just fill in the form left and click "Join Now."